The Cricketers’ Club of New South Wales (www.ccnsw.com) plays on excellent turf wickets at the attractive tree lined ground at Camperdown Oval with a village green atmosphere just off Parramatta Road in Mallet Street.
For those who no longer have the time to play Grade or Shires or attend regular midweek practice, it offers: – Saturday and some Sunday all-age afternoon cricket in the City and Suburban Competition; Sunday over 40s and over 50s and over 60s cricket in the Sydney Masters Competition; Sunday and midweek social games and a midweek LMS eight a side T20 competition on Wednesday evenings; plus at least one overseas winter tour p.a. Contact the Club, c/o the Secretary Adrian Hawkes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Awards for 2019-20
- John McDonald Medal: – Club Man of the year: – Tom Robertson
- John Russell Medal: – Best player in C&S: – Soren Hughes
- Best Player in Masters: – Ian Allmey
- Best Player in Classics: – Stuart Ridge
- Best player in Vintage: – Jim Robson
- Best Match Report: – XXIX game on December 15, 2019 by Soren Hughes
- ‘Stuart Mathlin’ Golf winner: – not played this season
Tour of of Greece-Croatia-Slovenia Postponed to 2021
Cricket NSW Coronavirus Advice
The C.C.N.S.W. Committee has decided to:-
- Cancel next Saturday’s fixture v the Primary Club as per advice from C&SCA and Cricket Australia
- Cancel next Sunday’s Masters game as per advice from Masters Association
- Cancel next Sunday’s Vintage game as per advice from Masters Association
- Cancel; the Stuart Mathlin Golf Day on Friday 27 March
- Cancel the LMS v C.C.N.S.W. T20s on Saturday 28 March as per advice from Cricket Australia
- Not participate in the LMs Sunday winter comp
Cricket NSW advises all clubs and associations to heed the advice of the NSW Health Department and NSW Government in relation to Coronavirus. Anyone of school age who has visited China should not attend training, matches or any other events until 14 days have lapsed from their date of departure. Likewise, any adults returning from mainland China and:
• Have been in Hubei Province
• Have been in close contact with a person with confirmed coronavirus, and
• Are unwell
Should not attend training, matches or any other events until 14 days have lapsed from their date of departure. Other adults returning from China should consult their club or association as to whether teammates and opponents are comfortable playing with and against them during the 14-day incubation period. Anyone who is unwell or unsure should seek medical advice. The department of health has issued the following guidelines.
Like many, Cricket NSW is monitoring the situation closely. We want to ensure our cricket communities operate in line with community expectations by providing a safe and healthy environment for players across NSW where possible.
Spring Fitness Program
The eight week fitness program run by qualified and well respected trainer, Andrew Griffin, who is known to a couple of our Masters players, will be postponed until Spring due to the current covid-19 pandemic and state controls on public gatherings. More information will be shared when possible.
During the cricketing season a weekly email newsletter is sent out to keep the club informed of recent results, upcoming fixtures and social events, and important news. You can sign up to the newsletter below.
C.C.N.S.W. Combined draw below
CCNSW T20 at the SCG 4 February 2019
Thanks to the President for his work organising this fixture. Click the link for Jed Wesley-Smith’s fine journalistic effort, winner of the coveted President’s Award for best match report of the 2018-19 season.
Beast Cricket – Contact: John Mesar – 0430 440 204
10% off for all CCNSW Members!